Let the search begin!
Whether it’s purchasing your first home, downscaling or upgrading, locating that perfect property isn’t something that you do overnight. Instead, I suggest a phased approach. From establishing key features and square footage requirements, to selecting the right lot in the right neighborhood, school district or area—our approach is systematic. At the same time, shopping for a home should be a fun and joyous experience. And we can assure you that it will be.
If you’re new to the process, or just want to recap, below is a timeline and overview to give you an idea for how the process works. Feel free to explore each phase, or just click directly to those that are of interest. And when you’re ready to start your search, talk to us about setting up your own custom Buyer’s Portal, which assures that you’ll get the first look at anything matching your criteria, as well as up-to-the-minute updates for any new listings.
Timeline to moving day:
- Step one: Explore
- Intro to Richmond
- Areas and neighborhoods guide
- Quick facts and key points about Richmond
- Step two: Set your criteria
- Online search tools – be part of the hunt, but beware!
- Step three: Determine your budget
- Show them that you’re serious: Get preapproved!
- Find out how much you’ll net from your existing home
- Step four: Establish a timeline
- Step five: Hire an AgentWhat a buyer’s agent provides
- Step six: Find that perfect property
- The human factor
- Step seven: Make an offer
- Determine an appropriate value
- Set your terms
- Counter offers
- Final Steps: Contract to closing
- Select a closing agent
- The appraisal
- Title search/review
- Home warranties
- A final laundry list
As you’re reading through this content, should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!